The Safety Manager works closely with all company personnel to maintain a safe, healthy working environment and to ensure the program’s effectiveness by minimizing occurrences of unsafe conditions and unsafe acts at all company jobsites. This position is responsible for monitoring safety procedures on all company project sites. This includes maintaining the highest levels of safety and quality workmanship.
The Safety Manager will ensure safety compliance with all OSHA regulations, PWE Safety policies and worksite requirements to achievement the company’s goals for safety.
- Comply with OSHA regulations and company requirements.
- Conduct jobsite safety inspections and audits and provide written reports to the Project Superintendent, General Superintendent, Project Manager and the company safety representative.
- Analyze worksite safety needs and enforce safety rules by controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities.
- Conduct all New Employee safety orientation classes.
- Conduct pre-job planning meeting with PM and Project Superintendent to address specific safety needs and provide feedback for improvements.
- Maintain documentation on the proper training of employees as related to their scope of work.
- Provide Toolbox Talk topics for the weekly jobsite meetings.
- Review all safety provisions outlined in GC contracts and provide all necessary documents needed for contract compliance.
- Attend all required Jobsite Safety Meetings called by the General Contractor or OSHA Inspector.
- Investigate all project accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions and activities and provide reports, pictures and witness statements to the company’s Director of Safety.
- Maintain and update the company’s Safety Manual as needed.
- Maintain and update the company’s SDS Book as needed.
- Provide all Site Specific Safety Plans to General Contractors upon request
- Conduct all safety training and certification classes to ensure that all safety certification records are current and relevant.
- Ensure proper First Aid kits are kept at project offices, company trucks, home office, etc.
- Maintain company’s OSHA 300 and 300A documents.
- Maintain all Hot Work PPE and ensure yearly recertification of Hot Work equipment is completed.
- Sign off on all Hot Work Permit to ensure that proper procedures and safety measures are taken.
- Maintain company drug testing program: pre-employment, post-accident / post-incident and random screenings.
- Reviewing JHA - Job Hazard Analyses and provide necessary changes to the JHA when the project warrants.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with field management
- Train and coach employees in the safety aspects of their jobs
- Manage loss control measures to ensure that WC and GL claims are to a minimum so that the company’s EMR rating remains below 1.0
- Attend training seminars to state up to date on changes in OSHA safety regulations.
- Order all PPE for field personnel.
- Assist in setting and managing the company’s Safety Budget.
- Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on our customer’s needs.
Educational requirements for this position:
- Minimum of 5 yrs. of Construction Safety Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or other related discipline.
- OSHA 500 authorized instructor
- Current First Aid and CPR Certifications
Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of OSHA requirements as it relates to General Construct and or Electrical Trade.
- Strong commitment to support the company’s safety culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively to motivate employees.
- Strong planning, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Individual must be highly collaborative and demonstrated positive results in working with people
- Able to work independently and make decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Strong leadership and supervision experience
- Excellent writing skills.
- Must be able to stand and/or be on their feet for 6-8 hours a day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed
- Must be able to go up and down a ladder, steps or other lifts as needed.
- Must be able to work in the outdoor weather and/or unregulated temperatures.
PowerWorks is a state of the art electrical contracting company that works on exciting projects and delivers high quality results! At PowerWorks, our employees are our most valuable asset and we strive to walk the talk. Employee-focused initiatives are important, but we also recognize that employee engagement is a direct reflection of how our employees feel about their relationship with their leader.
PowerWorks' overall vision for its employees is BYB, which stands for BRING YOUR BEST every day, in everything you do. Your Best attitude....the Best of your talent...your Best service...and your very Best effort. The result will be better performance for the company overall, and personal satisfaction for you.
Location/Region: Mooresville, NC (US)