This position is responsible for overseeing the function of
local drivers. The Transportation Manager is responsible for overseeing the processes of driver routes as it relates to
pickups and deliveries, fleet maintenance, dispatch
operations and information collection and analysis. The
position also handles many human resource activities,
including training, discipline and employee orientation.
-Maintaining positive relationships with Drivers
-Direct daily workflow of Drivers and their productivity.
- Monitor, investigate, and implement cost reduction
- Maintain truck and Driver records and files in accordance with Company policies and procedures and the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Driver Safety and Accident investigation.
- Route analysis, efficiency and profitability.
- Conduct Haz-mat Training and other DOT regulated training.
- Complete Driver Annual Reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Previous supervisory/management experience required,
at least 3 years.
- Ability to motivate and train employees.
-College degree or higher preferred in the area of
Transportation or Logistics.
- At least 3 years transportation or logistics experience
- Valid driver's license and acceptable DMV record.
- Experience with TMS and WMS Systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including
Excel and Word. (Excel testing will be conducted).
- Must have DOT and OSHA regulation knowledge.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and
manage time to meet deadlines in high volume workload
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
GREAT BENEFITS! SALARY RANGE- $46,000-$56,000
Qualified candidates Click Apply Now
Location/Region: Morganton, NC (US - 28655)