Go Fish Digital is looking for a bright, motivated individual to bolster our team of top-notch online marketers.
We need someone who works quickly and efficiently, but takes pride in producing high-quality, error-free products. The right candidate is comfortable hanging around big spreadsheets, can do pivot tables and vlookups in their sleep, and is always excited about a new data source to analyze. Google Analytics, web crawl results, and rank data are a big part of this job, and you'll be happy analyzing them and discovering actionable opportunities. Communication is key, so messages won't sit in your inbox for long before receiving your well-crafted response.
- Spend time analyzing datasets to identify issues and opportunities
- Enhance your current SEO knowledge with the ins and outs of many powerful SEO tools
- Uncover SEO opportunities for clients by manually investigating their site along with cross-referencing tools and your own data analysis
- Work in a team setting, leading up SEO efforts
You should have some or all of the following attributes:
- Experience with SEO tools such a Moz, Raven, Screaming Frog, SpyFu, etc.
- Experience with WordPress and/or building websites
- Comfortable looking at and reviewing HTML and CSS. (You don't need to write it from scratch, but you must be able to look and it and understand what it is doing.)
- Deeply understand all aspects of Google Analytics, and be willing to get GA certified (if you're not already)
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Excel (and its Google counterpart, Sheets)
- A desire to work with data and be technical
- The ability to turn analysis into a deliverable that a non-technical person can understand
- Strong, clear writing skills
- The capability to work well with a team
- Strong problem solving skills - if you don't know something but a client needs it, you will do everything you can to quickly figure it out
Our office is located in downtown Raleigh. We offer a flexible work schedule, so you'll be able to work about 40% remote (home, coffee shop, etc) and 60% in the office with the rest of the team. This is not a remote position - you must be available to work in our Raleigh office 3 days per week.
Benefits & Culture
Go Fish Digital offers great health care benefits (with a significant portion paid by the company) and a flexible, balanced work schedule. We are rolling out a generous 401k program in 2018. We're employee-friendly, and include small but fun perks like free Netflix and Spotify subscriptions, a Kindle reader, a free eBook every quarter, a free run/race entry per year, and more. With our trusting and flexible work culture comes responsibility, so you'll need to be the type of worker who is disciplined enough to get things done without someone watching over your shoulder. We are looking for someone to bring great ideas to the table, and to work above and beyond our core hours of 8:00 to 4:00 each day when needed.
Instructions for Applying
For consideration, please write a custom two-paragraph cover letter and include your salary requirements. (The two-paragraph suggestion is so you don't feel obligated to write something super long.) We'll read your cover letter first, so really personalize it and let it showcase your personality and strengths. This should not be a stiff, boilerplate piece of writing. Be real, be yourself, and make us want to learn more about you. Stand out from the crowd!
If the website you're using to apply doesn't allow you to attach a separate cover letter, combine it with your resume into a single document or email it to us separately. This is extremely important, as you will not be considered without it. This ensures you can follow directions and have read all the way down to the bottom. :)