Seeking a Senior Business Analyst to be an intermediary between business partner stakeholders and IT technology teams to ensure the delivery of solutions that meet our business needs. This position will assimilate and document business requirements, and translate them into functional and non-functional requirements that the IT development and Infrastructure staff will use to deliver a high quality solution.
The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying business requirements, assessing the impact of system or process changes, eliciting and documenting business process flows and requirements, and providing insight to ensure requirements are traceable to and translated into workable solutions. This role is also responsible for facilitating the definition and execution of user-acceptance testing and providing post implementation support to business stakeholders and end-users to ensure solutions meet the prescribed business requirements. In order to be successful, this Business Analyst must have a thorough understanding of the business processes and functionality of business applications. This position must be able to facilitate road-mapping and requirements gathering conversations with business partners. He/she will then support solution design by providing insight at design sessions with IT teams to help translate requirements into business solutions.
Qualified candidates will possess 6+ years of equivalent experience and have a strong understanding of the BA role and associated methodologies. He/she will also have the ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast paced environment. This is an opportunity in an organization transitioning from start-up to mature. The job is located in Huntersville, NC and offers a competitive compensation package.
• Elicit and document business process flows, functional and non-functional requirements for business applications.
• Facilitate conversations with application developers and ensure they understand requirements and can translate them into a technical design.
• Provide traceability between requirements and design.
• Define user acceptance criteria for a solution; facilitate UAT execution.
• Assist the business in defining change management activities associated with new or changing processes and solutions.
• Utilize and understand BA methodologies and tools.
• Contribute to improving and maturing the BA practice.
• Contribute to the adoption of maturing project methodologies.
• Contribute to the initiative intake process.
• Contribute to risk and issue lifecycle management.
• Prepare and present project information and task details to project team members.
• Proactively resolve conflict among team members and functional teams.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships across the company.
• Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL SET & QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field and 6 years of experience in business analysis or a related field OR 8 years of comparable experience without a degree
• Minimum of 6 years of Business Analyst experience.
• Able to write Business Rules Documents and Requirements
• Able to write Tests Cases
• Able to lead testing scenario planning and manage test execution
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio
• Experience with Wire Frames
• Experience with Flow Charting
• Experience in utilizing various methodologies and SDLCs, including waterfall and agile.
• Must be able to manage time, work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
• The ability to work collaboratively across several IT and business functions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated success in working within a matrix organization.
• Six-Sigma green or black belt
• Certified Agile SCRUM leader
• Experience in the energy retail industry
Location = Huntersville, NC
Rate = $55 - $63/hr on a W2 contract
Length = 6+ Months (Possible extension for the right candidate)