* This position requires at Federal security clearance level of Secret or higher.
Visionary Technology Consultants is seeking experienced professionals for the role of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Subject Matter Expert (SME). The selected candidate will be responsible for expert-level requirements tuning and program management guidance for the remaining development and ongoing maintenance of the selected VDI solution.
- Lead implementation of VDI infrastructure solution
- Provide engineering leadership and subject matter expertise in the evaluation, development, and documentation of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and hosted/streamed applications
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required
- Build and maintain product and service standards for VDI capabilities that align with technology strategies
- Assist in the development of requirements, design specifications, and security considerations for the field office physical architecture
- Provide network requirements to support business and operational activities (e.g., data networks, backbone/core networks, storage networks, software defined networking, and interoperability with VMware, Dell EMC and Wyse end points)
- Design and document VDI architecture
- Assure hardware performance by designing, developing, and completing tests; analyzing findings; identifying and recording failures; recommending design changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Experience with of VDI and supporting technologies VMware, Dell EMC, Wyse required for the delivery of virtual desktop services.
- Past experience in large VDI deployments is preferred.
- Must possess a Federal security clearance of Secret or higher.
- Understanding of the interoperability of the technologies referenced above is required to successfully complete the responsibilities of this position
- Broad knowledge of data and infrastructure technologies such as storage, virtualization, and directory services
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks and methods
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, schedule and execute assignments
- Strong analytical skills, with strong problem-solving capability
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Federal security clearance level of Secret or higher.
Visionary Technology Consultants (VTC) is a Minority and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). We provide innovative technology management and human resource services to our partners in the government and commercial spheres, covering arenas spanning defense, health, education, finance, and technology. Our proven solutions have enabled our customers to keep pace with the rapid evolutions in technology and maximize their people and product investments. Our distinctive approaches respond to the challenges faced by all organizations to continually improve operational efficiency while minimizing operating costs.
Location/Region: Fort Bragg, NC (US)