Primoris T&D is seeking a responsible Estimator that will be responsible for providing estimating services for the purpose of delivering safe, cost-effective and quality estimates of small to medium scale electric distribution line construction projects. This position is the single point of accountability for the successful estimating of projects which is accomplished through managing all aspects of estimate development including scope, schedule, cost, safety and quality. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Estimate projects in accordance with Primoris Policies and Procedures
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participates in proposal development effort
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Effective change control and risk management processes
- Provide meaningful performance related feedback/input to appropriate line management and project team members on estimates.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience estimating distribution line construction projects
- Detailed knowledge of estimating fundamentals
- Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency
- Working knowledge of estimated software programs (Hard Dollar is recommended)
- Demonstrated skills in written communications; ability to compose basic as well as complex technical documents, formal letters, invoices
- Demonstrated skills in oral communications; ability to make presentations to large, diverse groups
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with a bias for action
- Proven success in developing and maintaining internal and external relationships while effectively navigating organizational barriers
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated negotiating and decision making skills
- Working knowledge of project accounting practices and financial systems
- General understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus and Unit contract pricing mechanisms
- Working knowledge of the techniques needed to lead and influence others in a matrix organization
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Experience working directly with material manufacturers in the development of Distribution Lines projects
Located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Primoris Industrial Constructors is a Business Unit of the Primoris Industrial, Fabrication and Maintenance Group that is headquartered in Deer Park, TX. These locations strategically position the group in the heart of our nation’s busiest energy corridors. The parent company is Dallas-based Primoris Services Corporation, a publicly traded engineering/construction company that has a history dating back to 1960s.
Primoris Industrial Constructors is dedicated to providing safe and quality construction services to a diverse set of industries throughout the United States. This dedication is one reason why Primoris Industrial has been actively executing projects throughout the Gulf Coast for over 50 years. Primoris is well-positioned to offer clients a full range of services including industrial civil, process mechanical, pipeline installation, pipe fabrication, electrical and instrumentation, and plant maintenance.
Operations for Primoris Industrial Constructors is segregated geographically in to the Central Region, Southeast Region and Texas regions. Along with other Primoris business units across the United States, Primoris Industrial can offer a synergistic approach to project delivery and are equipped to provide safe, high-quality services.
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC (US)