As a member of our team, you will report directly to the Vice President of Pre-Construction and your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
UNDERSTAND specifications of each bid item for which he is responsible.
MEASURE / DOCUMENT an accurate, legible take-off using the owner’s measurement provisions.
GATHER / DOCUMENT information regarding scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements
RECOGNIZE / DOCUMENT degree of complexity or unusual nature of each item.
GENERATE pricing and proposals for electrical construction projects
DETERMINE preliminary schedule approximate work hours per shift, shifts per day, and days per week, crews, and equipment types.
BRAINSTORM how to do the work; discusses with fellow estimators and PM.
ORGANIZE each bid item by work operation, in as near the same sequence as the work would be built. Assigns quantity to work operation.
CHECK his work for accuracy, completeness, clarity
REVIEW his estimate with supervisor.
PREPARE Quote Adjustment Sheets, reviews PM/S-C specification requirements, and analyzes vendor scope sheets.
ASSIST in Bid Closure.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in Electrical Construction Estimation required
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Electrical Engineering a plus
· Very detail oriented and organized
· Possesses strong communication skills
· Must be an energetic self-starter and a team player
· Must be disciplined and focused to work alone
· Demonstrates professionalism at all times
• A competitive salary based on abilities and experience
• Complete benefits package including health insurance, Paid Time Off
PowerWorks is a state of the art electrical contracting company that works on exciting projects and delivers high quality results! At PowerWorks, our employees are our most valuable asset and we strive to walk the talk. Employee-focused initiatives are important, but we also recognize that employee engagement is a direct reflection of how our employees feel about their relationship with their leader.
PowerWorks' overall vision for its employees is BYB, which stands for BRING YOUR BEST every day, in everything you do. Your Best attitude....the Best of your talent...your Best service...and your very Best effort. The result will be better performance for the company overall, and personal satisfaction for you.