Sitehands seeks a Proposal Writer who prepares proposals focused on Information Technology (IT) services by working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to determine the overall concept, gather and format information, write drafts, and obtain approvals. This is a networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and balance multiple demanding deadlines.
Ideal candidates possess proven skills in producing and editing proposal content within a complex business environment. The proposal writer will be experienced in leading story-boarding sessions, participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign off and document production. Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledge-base system is beneficial.)
- Determines proposal concept by working with SMEs to identify and clarify customer’s needs and the selected approach to address the opportunity; studies requests for proposal (RFPs), request for quotes (RFQ) or other customer communications; attends strategy meetings or workshops.
- Proactively develop and manage a network of SMEs.
- Assist the Bid / Proposal manager in developing a proposal structure; identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant; re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical / product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; enters and monitoring and tracking data; coordinates requirements with contributors; contributes proposal status information to review meetings; transmits proposals for approval; escalates issues as required.
- Identifies and communicates risks associated with proposals.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintains proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; suggests process improvements and implements resulting changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Degree educated (ideally English Literature) or journalistic / professional writing background.
- Certified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner Level.
- Strong time management / prioritization skills.
- Strong written English language skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office.
- Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge.
- Advanced SharePoint skills desired.
At Sitehands, we are applying our ideas, knowledge, experience, and passion to bring about a revolution in how IT field technology services gets done.
We built Sitehands to change the status quo for how hands-on technology work gets done in the field. We enable better outcomes through simplification of interactions and orchestration of right skills at the right time and place, whether for on-demand, break-fix, program or project work.
Do you have an interest in working in a dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environments and possess the ability to quickly adapt to changes and project definitions?
Do you possess the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and understand big picture context as priorities change?
Are you a highly motivated self-starter and problem-solver who is able to operate independently?
If so, Sitehands is looking for you!
Location/Region: Charlotte, NC (US)