Firewatch Contracting, a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVO) Small Business, is in search of a Site Superintendent for its US Federal Government business to start immediately. This position is responsible for successful project execution, scheduling and field management in accordance with contract requirements, project plans and organizational objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide daily onsite supervision including Technical support, coordination and scheduling with Owner, A/E and Subcontractors.
- Monitoring QC and specification compliance
- Primary contact with Owners, A/E, subcontractors, and must possess communication skills and personal presence to represent our firm positively and professionally.
- Set and monitor overall goals and objectives of the Project.
- Constantly perform risk analysis, anticipate and develop solutions prior to a problem occurring.
- Document all project occurrences (meetings, decisions, commitments, changes, etc).
- Conduct and document weekly project meetings with subcontractors and the Owner.
- Interface with Management on a weekly basis to update project reports with particular emphasis on schedule, change orders, and project projections.
- Assure all aspects of Scope are thoroughly reviewed and understood by sub-contractors.
- Primary responsibility for complete understanding of plans, specifications, and assure that the Project and project team are in strict compliance.
- Facilitate and manage critical path activities.
- Ability to self perform minor tasks relating to punch-out or basic carpentry needs
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Minimum 2-year construction and/or engineering degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a commercial Project Supervisor on projects $500k or above.
- Minimum of 3 completed Federal Projects with preference at Veterans Affairs facilities
- A demonstrated understanding of all aspects of commercial construction associated with the renovation and construction of Healthcare facilities.
- Proficiency with construction software, i.e., Project, Excel, scheduling programs, etc.
- Superior organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to manage busy, multi-faceted projects.
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
- Current safety credentials to include 30 Hour OSHA, First Aid, and CPR.
Levels of Supervision:
- Works under the Director of Contracting and Project Manager.
- Performs assignments with minimal supervision; works independently.
Preference will be given to Veterans of the US Armed Forces
Firewatch Contracting, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVO) Small Business General Contractor, works exclusively with Federal Agencies. Over the last 10 years we have delivered over 75 projects to The Department of Veterans Affairs, Air Force and Navy. While we have executed projects around the globe, we are currently focused on projects within the United States. We currently hold several MATOC and MACC contracts ensuring a pipeline of future opportunities. We have strategic relationships with our surety and other financial institutions, affording us a $50 Million bond capacity.
Firewatch is a small business that has attained steady, consistent growth. We are proud that the majority of our current staff have been with Firewatch since forming 10 years ago. It is our goal to continue this history of long term mutual commitment with our staff. We look forward to receiving your resume and the possibility of you joining the Firewatch Team.
Location/Region: Salisbury, NC (US)