The National Trainer is responsible for delivering high-impact, quality educational material for a #1 major appliance company, SAMSUNG APPLIANCES. This position will work in an assigned territory and demonstrate exceptional trainer/facilitator skills as part of a high performing team that ultimately drives sales. Product knowledge and demonstration skills will be one key to success in this position.
About Us: AMS Retail Solutions
We work with some of the largest, most respected retail suppliers in U.S. and Canadian. And, as one of the fastest-growing industry leaders, we’re seeking dedicated individuals to join our team. Once you start, you’ll receive comprehensive new hire training that gives you the product knowledge, skills and tools you need to be a confident and exceptional brand advocate.
Benefits: 401(k) match, Medical, dental and vision plans, Paid holidays and PTO, Comprehensive compensation for travel and company issued equipment
Ability to perform all essential responsibilities including:
- Deliver high-impact educational product, sales and brand content in person and through remote delivery methods to include video and webinar tools that will enhance internal and external knowledge
- Communicate the Company’s strategic initiatives to all types of audiences and customize messages per audience
- Continuously support the Customer’s content initiatives to produce ongoing, effective materials
- Conduct live product seminars and sales training for formal and informal settings in partnership with internal sales contacts to achieve their goals
- Conduct product training and support at trade and road shows, special events and other events as requested
- Provide hands-on interactive demonstrations, engaging audiences through the training process and provide insight into product capabilities and increase sales
- Create videos that contain product and sales training concepts to promote learning on specific account websites
- Provide ongoing product, sales and industry training for employees and new hires.
- Responsible for competitive knowledge gathering on assigned competitors
- Responsible for new product and transitional information by category as assigned
- Visit manufacturing facilities, attend service team training sessions and work with product line and merchandising teams to learn more about products and technology
- Maintain training metrics on a daily, monthly and annual basis for all training activities
- Provide individual feedback evaluations throughout the year to report professional development improvements annually
- Travel when necessary
- Comply with all AMS and Customer policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- College degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills required
- Excellent communication, written, technical and interpersonal skills required
- Bilingual (English – Spanish) speaking proficiency a plus
- Continuous improvement mindset to include team values of feedback, emotional intelligence, teamwork and collaboration required
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates is required
- Travel required (including overnight and air travel)
- Experience in training/development and/or instructional design/content development preferred
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and learning styles preferred
- Ability to exhibit both strategic and executional capabilities in training facilitation and enhancement of training content, ensuring training presentations are aligned to the company and its brands
- Multi-tasking is essential as are excellent organizational skills
- Position is based remotely
- Provide a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance (must meet company’s minimum requirements)
- Required to lift up to 50lbs, this may include lifting weight above shoulders as needed.
- Frequent standing, bending and twisting required
AMS Retail Solutions was founded in 1999 as a small vendor representation team dedicated to increasing sales for one client. Since that humble beginning, AMS has developed into a North American force of professionals who serve a variety of retail product lines.
AMS has grown to now employ retail professionals in all 50 states and Canada. Our tremendous expansion is due to our commitment to exceeding our clients’ sales and merchandising goals while offering competitive prices and highly differentiated service.
AMS has earned its reputation for executing properly and on time. We are a recognized leader in our industry and we continue to set the standard for excellence.
Location/Region: Charlotte, NC (US)