METER SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The City of High Point's Customer Service Department seeks qualified candidate for current Meter Service Technician opening. Individual will perform responsible skilled mechanical work in connecting and disconnecting water and electric service and performing related duties; does related work as required.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Must have two (2) years' experience in any of the following areas: meter reading, water meter service field and/or electrical work;
• Must have thorough knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in the installation, repair and testing of water and electric meters;
• Must have general knowledge of the principles of water and electric meter operations;
• Must be able to take night calls for after-hours cut-ons for a period of one week out of every six (6) weeks;
• Must have the ability to deal with irate customers in a tactful manner; ability to follow oral and written directions;
• Must have mechanical aptitude and skill in the use of mechanical equipment and tools;
• Must be able to perform manual labor for long periods of time in all weather conditions;
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds;
• Must have good driving record;
• Valid North Carolina Driver's License.
• Computer experienced preferred.
• English and Spanish Language skills
Salary from $32,552.00 - $41,706.08 annually with excellent benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point's new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free). The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date of November 9, 2018. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: High Point, NC (US - 27260)